Individual tour 7 days/6 nights - about 235 km by bike
Is it the beauty of the landscape? Or the Italian easiness? The cultural diversity? The unique climate? The partly Mediterranean vegetation? The wonderful mountain background? In any case, there is a magic magnetism coming from this north Italian landscape.
Route features: short ascents before St. Pauls and to the Montiggler Lakes, otherwise flat. Many bike paths and country lanes; short connecting passages via roads with more traffic.
Arena-Festival in Verona: from 22th June until 01 Sep. 2007 www.arena.it
Parking / return journey: parking in the hotel car park garage about € 10,00 per day, booking beforehand not possible, payable in the hotel.
Free parking at the fair center (about 2.5 kilometers from the center) only outside the fair times (info: www.messebozen.it ) Hourly and daily return by train to Verona. Return to Bolzano by bus each Friday before noon. Each person with bike € 40,--, payable on the spot. Booking necessary.
1. Day arrival in Bolzano. Introductory presentation. Individual city tour through the beautiful old part of town.
2. Day Bolzano – Tramin, approx.: 30 km Through many orchards and vineyards in the surroundings of the South Tyrol Vine Street, past many fortresses, castles and ruins and the “Cathedral on the Countryside” in St. Pauls, on the Kalterer Lake and on to Tramin.
3. Day Tramin – Trento, approx.: 50 km Mostly along the Ŕdige, partly through the orchards until Salurn/Salorno, where the German speaking South Tyrol ends. The paths along the dam run until Trento which has an old part of town worth seeing.
4. Day Trento – Lake Garda, approx.: 45 km + boat journey At first again along the Ŕdige through Roverto to Mori. From here the tour leads westwards in the direction of the Lago di Garda. After a short ascent a descent follows and leads you via the lake to Torbole and to Riva. From here you go on a boat journey on the whole length of the lake to Sirmione/Desenzano.
5. Day Lake Garda – Verona, approx.: 50 km Partly flat, partly easily hilly through the vine hills to Verona, a city full of places of interest (festival arena, Julia`s house, old city walls).
6. Day Verona – Mantua – Verona, approx.: 60 km From Verona to the river Mincio (runoff of the lake Garda) to Mantua. Return by train (43 km)
7. Day Individual departure
Arrival every Friday from 03.04. – 03.10.; additionally every Saturday from 12.04. to 08.09 (last arrival)
basic price per person in a double room
single room surcharge
high season surcharge (17.06. – 31.08.)
basic price per person in a double
single room surcharge
high season surcharge (17.06. - 31.08.)
Note: All prices subject to change
Our included services
Personal tour information on the spot accommodation in chosen hotels on the 4**** and 3*** level breakfast buffet luggage transport from hotel to hotel well elaborated route detailed travel documents (maps, route discription, places of interest, important telephone numbers) service – hotline during the tour including train ticket from Mantua to Verona Boat journey on Lake Garda